Thursday, July 10, 2014

Book Report: Illustrated Stories for Boys

Being the Mommy to a young boy I have experienced first hand that finding a great story book for a boy can at times be a challenge. With the abundance of  books that have fairies and princesses I am always looking for something with just a little less glitter and sparkle.
I recently got my hands on Illustrated Stories for Boys by Lesley Sims and Louie Stowell and I am just so excited about the stories as well as the amazing illustrations in this book! From pirates and robots to giants and knights this book is a collection of fun adventures geared to capture the readers imaginations.
Illustrated Stories for Boys is a collection of 16 stories including:

The Masked Pirate
Robot Racers
Sir Gawain and the Green Knight
Jon and the Green Troll
The Tale of the Haunted TV
The Band of Robbers
Sinbad the Sailor
Victor Saves the Village The Terrible Tidybot
The Story of Shiverham Hall
The Pesky Parrot
Sam and the Giants
The Tale of the Kitchen Knight
Attack of the Swamp Monster
Robot Robbery
Treasure Island

Whether racing with robots or sailing the seas with Captain Winkle this collection of stories will take its readers on one action packed adventure after another. I don't think I could sum it up better then my five year old, when saying that "this book is AWESOME!"
This and other amazing books for children are available from Usborne Books and More just visit ~  https://b4121.myubam.com/shop 
  

29 comments:

  1. It is very hard to get the right book for my kids.. they just do not like reading..

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice that they have 16 different books to choose from! Gives you some great options to switch up your reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice that this book contains a varied collection of stories. That way you aren't penned in to reading the favorite over and over and can mix it up for your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always got to choose a book for kids that'll interest them and encourage them to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like really cool stories, I know my 8 year old son would love these.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cool! have you checked out Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very Bad Day?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is great that it has many stories in the book. I will check this out for my boys.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Based on the titles alone, this does sound like one boys would like! Heck, even parents would like it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like that they are for boys. I think there are tons of books out there for girls, but not always for boys.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I only have girls, but I bet they would be equally fond of this story collection.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a friend who has 2 boys and she's gonna be thrilled about this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like that this has a wide variety of stories.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Usborne makes amazing books and I'm sure this one is no exception.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jon and the Green Troll.....I read that one....Jon gets a backstage pass to Fox News and meets Sean Hannity,its a pretty funny story!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are some great books for my books, I agree it's hard to find books for boys. I did however found a disney theme "boy" stories a few Christmas ago.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds great, my boys would enjoy this. Sounds right up their alley.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is nice but I bet my daughter would enjoy it too. Great look book.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My son is hard to get to read but if I could get him interested it would be wonderful. I will check some of these boy stories out.

    ReplyDelete
  19. nice books, would recommend to my sister who has a 5-year and a 2-year old.. hope they enjoy !! thanks

    ReplyDelete
  20. How fun that it's targeted for boys. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's cool! What boy doesn't like adventure and excitement. Great post! ~ Don Purdum

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hear you on the huge amount of princesses atories. My boy was never into pirates and such, the Thomas The Tank Engine books were a hit.

    ReplyDelete
  23. We have this book, and I love it. We read from it frequently, and my boys love the stories. Thanks for sharing and reminding me how much I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Literacy is a big deal to me. Sometimes it's like a treasure hunt searching for the right books for a child to become engaged with reading. It's important to make that match, though. Reading is a foundation for other disciplines, and increased language skills. I am always happy to come across blogs related to literacy and good parenting. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great picks of books dear! i might try some! thanks for the ideas

    ReplyDelete
  26. i love action pack adventures when watching movies but maybe not reading books i love more romance in books hehe sounds amazing though

    ReplyDelete
  27. It is easier to get books for girls... but getting right books for boys is a task in itself. Thanks for sharing illustrated stories for boys

    ReplyDelete
  28. Those look like great books for kids. I used to love to read when I was a kid.

    Michelle F.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I really think my boys would like these stories.

    ReplyDelete