Friday, November 7, 2014

Surveys for Holiday Cash?

I considered myself a bit of a skeptic when it came to websites that say they are going to give me money or gift cards for completing surveys online. I have been burned to many times in the past signing up and getting nothing more then SPAM SPAM and more SPAM, with no reward for my time. Recently I decided to do a little investigating to see if I could come across any sites that really paid me for my time. Now do I expect that I can quit my job and live off the rewards from online surveys, UMMMM NO, but if I can earn a few extra dollars before the holidays why not give it a go. To my surprise I have managed to find some websites that really do what they claim and pay me for my input! Here is a review of two sites I have found so far... DISCLAIMER, no I do not work for any of these companies, the information here is strictly my opinion, I am not an informational site that should replace doing your own research or reading the individual sites terms and agreements!!! With that being said here are my reviews.


The very first site I am already in love with is Opinion Outpost. Opinion Outpost requires you to register for a free (I would never pay for any survey site) membership which requires a valid email address and some basic personal information. Once a member, Opinion Outpost gives you cash and rewards for completed surveys that you qualify for. So how do you get the cash and rewards you may ask?!?! Opinion Outpost offers a variety of cash out options including Amazon gift cards, Cash paid via PayPal, VISA prepaid cards, Sweepstakes entries and more. You get to choose how you would like to be paid. There is a minimum account balance required to request rewards, for example 100 points ($10) for PayPal payments or 50 points ($5) for Amazon gift cards. From my experience so far surveys offer 5 - 25 points per completed survey and I have been able to complete 4 -5 surveys per day. As a bonus members are eligible to win $10,000 in their quarterly prize draw, entries into this drawing are often given even if you do not qualify for a specific survey. All in all my points have added up fairly quickly, again I am not going to get rich off this site but a $20.00 Paypal payout in a weeks time is nothing to shake a stick at!  


The second site I wanted to review today is MintVine. MintVine much like the first site requires you to register for a free membership which requires a valid email address and some basic personal information. MintVine offers Cash paid via PayPal, Dwolla payouts ( I have no experience with this payment method), or Amazon/Target gift cards as your payment options. The minimum account balance required to request PayPal, Dwolla payments, or gift card codes is 1000 point ($10). Most surveys that you qualify for and complete are worth 70 points each ( I did get a 200 point survey at one time) but can vary with each offer. MintVine also offers Local Deals and other Offers that can be purchased and completed to rack up the points even faster. Points can post immediately to your account or may sit in a pending status which will be awarded upon approval. Again overall I have had a great experience with MintVine and yes I really have been rewarded for my time!

You can click on the name's of either survey company to be directly linked to their site. When looking to sign up for any survey sites I have a few personal rules I follow. One I have a dedicated email address for my survey sites, coupon, sites and any other type of "deal" sites. It keeps my regular email free from potential clutter from sites that send multiple emails per day. Second never I mean NEVER give out passwords, credit card information, banking account numbers or anything that may come back to bite you in the butt if you sign up for something that is not legit! Read the terms and conditions of the sites you sign up for, this way there are less likely to be surprises in the future, and again do your own research. Most people are going to put out their own personal bad experiences for sites that they have not been pleased with. Google away and make your own informed choices!

Thank you for taking the time to read my survey site reviews, please feel free to comment below. Remember the opinions above are just that my opinions, but I hope you will find them useful and informative!!!    

46 comments:

  1. I like to take online surverys.. i am going to take a look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like taking online surveys and could use some extra cash. Will take a loo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting article! I usually start doing a survey and then it's too time consuming and I quit. Now I'm armed with the information of which surveys are with my time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have done a few surveys but nothing constant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to do online surveys, but I don't really have time anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't done them in a while, but I used to and it does pay off. I'd forgotten about that actually.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing! I used to do a few online surveys, but never seemed to think it was worth it in the end for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to do these a few years ago. But like a few other people said... it doesn't really get me all that much cash in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know there are a lot of time consuming sites that don't pay as promised but I did my first PayPal cash out on Opinion OutPost last night, I have been a member for about 2 weeks I got $45.00 instantly added to my PayPal account. I am loving this extra cash before the holidays!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like an awesome site to earn money. Thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I might have to check these out but with all of the other stuff that I do online, time for surveys is difficult. Still, it's nice to know there are more options out there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhhh wish I had the patience for these. I have a few friends that make a killing doing these but ughhhh.... Idk... I just can't do it myself ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I used to do surveys all the time. I will have to check these sites out.

    Michelle F.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great article! I use IGC, SB mostly :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Online surveys pay little but why not?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Opinion Outpost is one of my favorite survey places. They're reliable and quick to pay.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I get so many emails a day from
    Opinion outpost I haven't done any of them. I don't have the time :/ seems
    Good though

    ReplyDelete
  18. I need to check a couple of these out.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've never looked into these. I always thought these are spam and discourage my nephews from it. I'll ask him to look at this one.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very interesting. I think I may have tried doing surveys back in the day but now I don't have to patience for all of that.

    ReplyDelete
  21. There's a lot and you just hope it's not scam.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just learned about outpost and it seems awesome so far! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for this, I'm going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think anyone who's read a lot about online scams on surveys will feel apprehensive and hesistate to complete surveys. Spam messages are the worst! I hope there are also good and real ones that are available in the Philippines so we can earn more.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have been burnt a lot with these online surveys so I am always skeptical, might give these a try might not but thanks for sharing them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me I have been burned in the past as well, no payout and a ton of spam mail, I have been very happy with both Opinion OutPost and MintVine! So far they have paid out and no issues to report. I only get emails form the sites directly to tell me there are more surveys available!

      Delete
  26. I have never done these surveys before, I'm always far too worried about it not being just a survey if you know what I mean

    ReplyDelete
  27. I've tried doing surveys before but they never really work out or pay out. Sadly I've given up on them.

    ReplyDelete
  28. These sound like great ways to make a bit of extra money. I will have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I always tried to do these but never had luck =( I will have to give this a go!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel I have used other sites in the past and they were a joke for the most part! I love these sites they really have helped me put away a little extra cash for the holidays!!!

      Delete
  30. I have done a lot and they are really helpful. It is a great way to earn extra cash

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love this post and will be checking these sites out. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Would love some extra cash. :) I'll check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I wish I had more patience for surveys because when I do, I definitely don't mind the extra cash!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I have done surveys for Harris online but it takes so long to earn rewards. I am going to take a look at Opinion Outpost. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really shocked how fast my rewards added up, all the research I did about opinion outpost was very positive, but like many people have said many times it's not a great deal. I cashed out $45.00 in less then 2 weeks and already have $8.00 worth of points available to me!!!

      Delete
  35. Thanks for sharing. I was wondering about making some extra cash for the holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I tried some survey sites years ago but never found any I could make any real money at. Someday I might some that you mentioned and see if things are different.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I think this is a good way to get extra holiday cash. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I actually did this a few years ago when I got laid off. I should look into it again.

    ReplyDelete
  39. This is great. I know what you mean about spam spam spam and never really making anything. Will have to check these out.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Extra cash is always a good thing, especially around the holidays. Thanks for sharing your opinions on these.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Thanks for sharing! Taking surveys can be done so easily when watching TV! Why not make some $$ when relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I'm not a big fan of taking online surveys but my husband loves them. They just take to much time or me.

    ReplyDelete